After upgrading to vRealize Automation 7.3 you might run into issues with your (vSphere) endpoints in vRA. Data collection will fail:
And the log will show a lot of certificate errors:
Upgrading to vRA 7.3 will make changes to the original endpoints, which will make the original certificates untrusted.
It’s easy to solve this issue by testing the available endpoints and then re-accept the certificate:
- Log in to the vRealize Automation console as an infrastructure administrator.
- Select Infrastructure > Endpoints > Endpoints.
- Complete these steps for each endpoint with a secure connection.
- Click Edit.
- Click Test Connection.
- Review the certificate details and click OK if you trust this certificate.
- Restart the Windows services for all IaaS Proxy Agents used by this endpoint.
- Verify that Certificate is not trusted errors no longer appear on the infrastructure Log Viewer page.
After walking through this procedure your endpoint will work as expect and you can do a data collection.
More information here.
Hi, I met this issue today. Fortunatelly it is relativly quick and easy to be solved. Also, during an upgrade of embeeded vRO (up to version 7.3), Authentication Provider Admin Group get back to default value vsphere.local\vcoadmin It’s worth to keep that in mind.
Thanks Viktor ! This saved my homelab from rebuilding 😉
You can send flowers or a nice cake directly to PQR ;).
last month we installed vRA 7.4 and last week we apply CA signed custom certificate
We can see proxy agent status down on Compute resource tab , even if we restart proxy agent Server OR service issue still persist
It’s the new certificate trusted by the VM that’s running the proxy agent? Otherwise add the root certificate of your CA to the trusted root store on the proxy agent VM. More info here: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2150230