With the recent publication of the whitepaper “VMware vSphere Metro Storage Cluster Case Study” by Duncan Epping, Frank Denneman et. al., I thought it would be good idea to list the most important articles dealing with this subject.Here we go:
- Whitepaper: VMware vSphere Metro Storage Cluster Case Study
- Whitepaper: Stretched Clusters and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager Understanding the Options and Goals
- VMware Hardware Compatbility Guide for Storage, select Metro Cluster Storage under Array Test Configuration.
- VMware KB Article 2007545: Implementing vSphere Metro Storage Cluster (vMSC) using EMC VPLEX
- Whitepaper: Using VMware vSphere with EMC vPlex
- VMware KB Article 1001783: VMware support with NetApp MetroCluster
- Whitepaper: A Continuous-Availability Solution for VMware vSphere and NetApp
- VMware KB Article 2020097: Implementing vSphere Metro Storage Cluster using HP LeftHand Multi-Site
- Whitepaper: Implementing VMware vSphere Metro Storage Cluster with HP LeftHand Multi -Site storage
Some good articles on All Paths Down (APD) and Permanent Device Loss (PDL), this information is required when working with Streched Clusters:
- vSphere 5.0 Storage Features Part 8 – Handling the All Paths Down (APD) condition by Cormac Hogan on the VMware vSphere Blog
- vSphere 5.1 Storage Enhancements – Part 4: All Paths Down (APD), also by Cormac Hogan on his own blog.
Do you have additional resources? Leave a comment below!