Veeam offers one of the most popular backup/availability suites for virtualized (both Hyper-V & VMware) environments. The latest version of Veeam’s solution it the availability suite version 8 which will be available soon.
Veeam Availability Suite v8 offers some cool features like High-Speed Recovery, Data Loss Avoidance, Verified Protection, Leveraged Data and Complete Visibility:
- HIGH-SPEED RECOVERY – Enables low recovery time objectives (RTOs) of < 15 minutes; enables rapid recovery of the data customers want, in the form that they want it.
- DATA LOSS AVOIDANCE – Avoids data loss by enabling low recovery point objectives (RPOs) of < 15 minutes and facilitating offsite data protection.
- VERIFIED PROTECTION – Reliably restores files, applications and virtual servers when needed; ensures business resiliency through automated backup and DR testing.
- LEVERAGED DATA – Leveraged Data: mitigates the risks associated with application deployment; puts your backups and replicas to work by testing changes in a production‐like environment before deployment.
- COMPLETE VISIBILITY – Provides monitoring and alerting tools so that you can discover and be alerted to issues in your IT environment before they have a significant impact.
Now it’s time to leave your e-mail address at the Veeam website to be the first to know when version 8 of the Availability Suite is there.